Elevair Terms & Conditions
Most Frequently Asked
When is my reservation confirmed and locked in?
Bookings are not confirmed until full payment is received and confirmed by the Company.
With a 10% deposit at time of booking we will hold your reservation until 72 hours (3 days) prior to your flight, at which time 100% payment must be made.
If we get another request for booking that slot, we will give you the option to fully confirm, first right of refusal.
What about changing my reservation after it's made and confirmed?
72 hours’ notice or more: no penalty if the changes can be accommodated by the Company.
However, the Company may allow date changes outside of this limitation at the discretion of the Company and dependent upon circumstances of the date / time change.
What about a full cancellation of my confirmed reservation?
> 7 days or greater notice: No cancellation penalty, We'll refund you full amount paid, less a 5% fee if paid by credit card, or the wire transfer fee if you paid that way.
> 48 hours to 7 days notice, a 50% cancellation charge. However you can use that for a future flight within the next year.
> Within 48 hours of flight or “no show”: 100% cancellation charge
> Of course we'll make every possible means to accommodate any changes that you may have to make. We understand that travelling is always a dynamic situation.
Jump-to Buttons for Full Details
- The Company refers to Toucan Seaplane Services Corp. and/or Elevair Tours Corp., doing business as Elevair or Elevair Seaplanes.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Company will endeavor to deliver the service as advertised, however we reserve the right to alter the method of transport, route traveled, accommodation or services provided, including cancellation of any flight for any reason whatsoever including, but not limited to weather, serviceability aircraft or equipment, operational conditions or requirements.
- All flights are subject to assessment of the weather and water conditions by the pilot in command. Inclement weather will not necessarily result in the cancellation of any flight.
- The Company will use its best endeavours to deliver the product or service advertised, we reserve the right to alter the method of transport, route travelled, accommodation or services provided for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to weather, aircraft or unserviceable equipment, operational conditions or requirements.
- The Company will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred as a result of any delays, cancellations or alterations arising from this clause.
- In the event inclement weather, aircraft or unserviceable equipment causes the cancellation of seaplane transfers, the Company will make all reasonable efforts to provide alternative means of transfer at its discretion. If the Company is unable to provide alternative transportation, a flight credit will provided to be used at another time in the next 12 months.
- The Company will use its best efforts to carry you and your luggage with reasonable dispatch, but times are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract.
- The Company may, without notice, substitute alternate aircraft and, if necessary, may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket.
- Schedules are subject to change without notice. The Company is not responsible for or liable for failure to make connections, or to operate any flight according to schedule, or for a change to the schedule of any flight. Under no circumstances shall the Company be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages arising from the foregoing.
The Company can give no guarantee of exact times of arrival or departure of any service and will not be liable for failure to make connections to other services.
(a) Reservation Confirmation: Bookings are not confirmed until full payment is received to the agent or directly to the Company and confirmed by the Company.
(b) Reservation Changes: Date and time of flight changes are permitted without penalty provided that;
(i) 72 hours’ notice is given and, (ii) if the changes can be accommodated by the Company.
(ii) Company may allow date changes outside of this limitation at the discretion of the Company and dependent upon circumstances of the date / time change.
(c) Reservation Cancellations: Confirmed flight cancellation period prior to flight Cancellation Penalty
- Greater than 7 days / one week No cancellation penalty
- Within 48 hours to 7 days 50% cancellation charge. See Note #1
- Within 48 hours of flight or “no show” 100% cancellation or “no show” charge
Note #1: Reservations cancelled by customer within the period of 48 hours to 7 days will be allowed to apply the value of the purchased ticket to future travel with the Company for up to one (1) year after purchase.
Note #2: Cancellations based on weather forecasts by confirmed passengers shall not be accepted unless the pilot in command has determined that the flight will not be undertaken due to forecast conditions or actual weather conditions on the day.
- Weight and balance are important elements of flying with the Company. For safety of your flight operations aircraft weight restrictions apply to all flights.
- All passengers must advise their exact weights at the time of booking. At time of departure if guests exceed their advised weight, guests may be refused departure.
- Your ticket includes a total baggage allowance of 40 lbs total per passenger, total of cargo, suitcases and carry-on luggage / personal items.
- Excess baggage beyond this limit will incur a $250 fee for each additional bag up to 50 lbs.
- For safety considerations, we cannot guarantee any checked bag will be accepted onto the flight and we may have to ship via overnight freight company or a later flight.
- Please contact us well in advance if you will have excess baggage or arrange for alternative baggage shipping in advance.
- No single bag may exceed 50lbs.
- Passengers are reminded that all baggage and personal belongings are carried entirely at the passenger’s own risk.
How Much Luggage Can I Bring?
Typical Standard Luggage Sizes
Domestic Carry On Bag ~1.5 cubic feet
Small Checked Bag ~2 cubuc feet
Medium Checked Bag ~ 3 cubic feet
Large Checked Bag ~4 cubic feet
For comparison, a large Chevrolet Suburban SUV has total 46 cubic feet space when all the seats up
Cessna 208 Caravan Seaplane
~ 32 cubic feet of cargo
Typically 4- 6 large bags
Maximum total weight depends on combined passenger weights
Please ALWAYS consult us before flight if you are more that 6 passengers
King Air 200 Turboprop
~ 54 cubic feet of cargo
Typically 7-9 standard large bags
- The safety of your flight, our passengers and the crew are our priority. Please ask a crew member or any staff if you have any questions or uncertainty.
- Dangerous Goods are articles or substances which are capable of posing a significant risk to health, safety or to property when transported by air. A few examples of the more common types of items would include pesticides, flammable fluids, acids, aerosols and bleaches etc.
- Everyday things which were never meant to fly:
• Camping fuel containers (in almost all cases, these cannot be carried. You will have to settle for buying fuel at your destination)
• Surfboard repair kits (the resin in these kits is highly flammable)
• Corrosives such as acids, alkalis and mercury.
• Security attaché cases incorporating explosives and dye cartridges are forbidden
• Machines with petrol powered engines (lawn mowers, whipper snippers, chain saws).
- These are not permitted as passenger's checked or carry-on baggage:
• Fireworks, signal flares, sparklers or explosives
• Fuel, paints, lighter refills, matches
• Drain cleaners and solvents
• Spray cans, butane fuel, scuba tanks, propane tanks, CO2 cartridges
• Self-inflating life vests
• Ammunition, gunpowder, mace, tear gas or pepper sprays are generally forbidden
• Dry ice, gasoline powered tools, wet cell batteries and camping gear with fuel.
• Radioactive materials Poisons Infectious substances.
ACCEPTANCE OF CUSTOMERS FOR FLIGHTS
- The Company reserves all rights and privileges to not accept any customer for a flight.
- Some reasons that a customer may be refused or barred from boardig a flight include, but not limited to;
- Alcohol and/or intoxication: No outside alcohol is permitted on board our flights. Any passenger who appears visibly intoxicated will be denied boarding at the discretion of the flight crew
- Hazardous Goods: hazardous goods are not permitted on board unless approved by the Captain
- Illegal Substances: Suspicion of customer being in possession of any amount of banned or illegal substance may be grounds to refuse a customer boarding. The Company utilizes both private and government inspectors and dogs periodically and at any landing or departure government authorities may execute an inspection.
- Undeclared Passenger Weights: Any passenger who is deemed to be outside the weight range provided to the Company at time of booking may be denied boarding if the Captain deems there is an aircraft weight and balance issue that may affect the safety of the flight.
OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS
- Where the Company does not operate a section of a tour, or directly provide a service incorporated as part of the tour (hereinafter called ‘tour inclusions') then the Company shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury occasioned to any person or property as a result of any such tour inclusion undertaken during the tour whatsoever or howsoever the same may be caused whether as a result of negligence or otherwise.
- King Air 200 54 cubic feet, 7-9 standard large bags... he baggage compartment can hold up to 7.9 bags assuming your average piece of luggage is less than 5 cubic feet.
- A large Chevrolet Suburban SUV has total 46 cubic feet space when all the seats up